Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sable Cookies






Hurray for another order! Hansoul, a former co-worker of Saeyoung's, ordered a dozen chamomile apricot sable cookies. I love sable cookies. The dough is a little testy and the measurements have to be very precise, so precise that I prefer to use a digital scale but when it works the cookie is a very delicate, buttery, and not-too-sweet.

The chamomile apricot combination seems to be popular but while I was at it I thought I'd experiment and make other types of sable dough. Sable dough freezes perfectly for up to 3 months so when making it, it's probably smart to make in large quantities. I try to avoid extracts if possible and so when including ingredients like lavender or chamomile I buy the flowers dried and then grind them in a coffee grinder right before using. I think it makes a difference.

The types of sable dough made:
1. chocolate
2. lemon
3. lavender
4. chocolate lavender (i'm thinking chocolate lavender cookies with cream cheese filling)
5. vanilla
6. vanilla cinnamon

And also, did you notice the pretty gift wrapping?
Email me if anyone wants to order any sable cookies! sprout.bean.food@gmail.com

1 comment:

Hansoul Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.