Monday, August 3, 2009

Dear Bright Morning


Sometimes I make these decisions, these very conscious decision to have a good day. I have to decide this as soon as I wake up or there's no controlling how my day goes. It has to be as soon as I open my eyes. It usually works.
Yesterday was one of those days. It probably isn't accurate to say that my pure will was 100% responsible. These good feelings were also informed by the fact that I knew I had a leisurely day ahead of me. Saeyoung had decided to leave work early so that we could have a sister day, which we've been meaning to do. And also, I decided not to put any pressure on myself to write something for the day.
I woke up around 8 and started the morning with some warm matcha milk tea and a handfull of some gorgeous kadota figs (pictured above). Aren't they lovely? They're a bit sturdier than the black mission figs and have an almost raspberry like tartness to them. And also the color is enormously pleasing. I really liked starting my morning with a palate of greens--the matcha was also of a very calming shade. I don't know that I've felt that unrippled in a while.
I recommend this, especially when there are things to be ruffled about. Choose to blot out the worry. Be avoidant. Drink a milky warm beverage. Eat fruit that seems, by nature, romantic. Eat it without elaboration, with out honey or yogurt but put it in a pretty bowl.

No comments: