Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Melonopolis


As has become my habit, I went to the Hollywood Farmer's Market this Sunday. I've said this before, the farmer's market is like my Disneyland.
I bought a Galia melon from Weiser Family Farms (a consistently good vendor that I recommend). I also bought some other fruits but really the prize of the day was that Galia melon.
Sometimes complications are unnecessary. A simple fruit salad is perfect and wonderful. Of course, if you add some grand marnier...well, nothing is wrong with that. For my perfect midday snack, I boiled down some Grand Marnier with sugar and craisins and tossed it with fresh fruit and chopped mint. The craisins plump up in the Grand Marnier adorably. Also, I used very little Grand Marnier in proportion to the fruit because I didn't want the fruit bathing in there. If making this, make sure that the Grand Marnier syrup isn't hot when you toss the fruit or you'll scald your snack. No good.

No comments: