Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Adzuki Red Bean and Coffee Brownies




Okay, let's just say this right at the beginning. Let's say it like we're ripping off a bandaid.
This was a failure.

Conceptually, this is something I've been wanting to experiment with for quite a while. I've been slowly planning this for two weeks.
Red bean is a very commonly used ingredient in Asian desserts. Good. Coffee. Good. Chocolate. Undoubtedly good.

Here's where the problem was: I decided to make this gluten-free, which is dumb because i love gluten. Yay for gluten! The complete lack of flour made these brownies very heavy, rich and intense. If I could cut the heaviness in half, I think I'd be pretty happy.

I am not discouraged. I am going to re-work this recipe, perhaps tonight. I can make this work. I think there is potential here. And watch out world, when I figure this out I'm going to be throwing red bean into everything.

No comments: