Monday, August 3, 2009

Out Of Nothing Reading and some promotional sweets







The ever busy Janice Lee and Joe Milazzo organized a reading this last Sunday for their online literary journal : out of nothing  
a very wonderful publication.  please take a gander.  also, i believe they are accepting submissions for their third issue...

The reading was held at New Puppy Gallery.  I really loved the space.  It felt like the belly of an ark.  Noah's ark, even.  If I were as enterprising as Janice and had the connections to organize such a reading, it occurred to me that I would hold it there.

Because I'm just starting this catering thing, I thought I'd bring some free baked goods.  I made the same banana nutella cupcakes that I made for my 2nd catering job.  I made chocolate cherry cookies.  Also, I made cinnamon roll muffins.  Problem was that I was so busy baking that I didn't have time to write down any promotional material or make business cards.  Last minute, Saeyoung helped me write some bare minimum details on some gold doilies while I was setting up at the gallery.  I think that I'm going to have to figure out how to time myself better.  I gave myself plenty of time to bake, or so I thought, but nevertheless I was scrambling at the end.  Also due to the scramble, I forgot to take any pictures of the final products.  Ugh, I hate it when that happens.

Also, I was informed later that the ants-in-residence at the gallery found their way to the remaining cupcakes and therefore made them inedible.  What a waste...

No comments: