Monday, June 1, 2009

Linguine With Oyster Sauce



Living with Saeyoung is funny.  She goes off to her internship and I'm left at home to my own devices and I have dinner ready by 5:30 when she comes home.  Being without a job makes me restless and when I'm restless I cook/bake.  
Today I made mango cherry chicken salad (see above) and because we are incapable of having a meal without a healthy dose of starchy carbs, I made a quick pasta dish.  Would this be considered a stir-fry?
I use oyster sauce in this recipe which can easily be found in most Asian grocery markets and is just a good thing to have on hand.  If you want to make this recipe vegetarian, a black bean sauce would also make an excellent substitution.  Also, angel hair pasta might work better but linguine is what I had so linguine was what i used and I was mighty please with the results anyhow.  
Also, toasted almond slivers in this would be nice.  

Ingredients:

4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons of oyster sauces (or black bean sauce for the vegetarians)
4-5 stalks of broccolini
1/2 box of pasta of your choice
generous handful of parmesan reggiano cheese

1. preheat oven to 400
2. in a foil pouch, roast the garlic cloves with some olive oil and salt. make sure that the pouch is closed tightly
3. take out garlic cloves in one hour or until slightly browned and very soft
4. cut the broccolini in thirds and boil in salted water for two minutes
5. rinse the broccolini in a cold water bath
6. cook pasta
7. saute the roasted garlic cloves with the broccolini in a wok with a little bit of olive oil
8. add pasta and oyster sauce until evenly coated
9. add cheese and toss

No comments: