Friday, June 12, 2009

Fresh Mango Lime Bread






Please observe the absolute gorgeousness that is my new Kitchenaid Mixer.  I can't even tell you how long I've wanted one of these.  For my 25th birthday my mom bought be this pro series mixer, and it's perfect and wonderful and fantastic and I think it might change my life.  

What to christen my new mixer with? Mango bread!  For last month or so it seems like every food blog has been featuring recipes for mango bread.  Is this a thing that I've missed?  I had never even heard of mango bread and truthfully I couldn't really imagine what it might taste like.  But I like trying new things and I like mangos, so really there was nothing to stop me.

I used this recipe, because it called for lime zest and the color combination of limes and mangos seemed really exciting to me.  

The result?  Well, I liked it quite a bit.  A very moist cake/bread that might be somewhat mysterious to someone who does not know that it is made out of mango.  There's quite a lot of fruit in this bread actually-mango, lime, grated apples, golden raisins.  Would this be considered a fruit cake?  Fruit cake seemed infinitely mysterious to me.  Also, a warning-if you do not like ginger, this is possibly not the recipe for you.   

No comments: