Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Habana

vegetarian tamale pie
ropa vieja
smoked halibut
paella
osso buco
point reyes blue, a red wine goat cheese, and cheese of the month
spanish flatbread
fried avocado
empanadas  


There's nothing that gives the birthday feeling quite like having my birthday dinner with my family.  Certain things have become ritual: we will overdress (intentionally), we will order cheese, doc will order wine and brian and kristina will sneak some, i will wear flowers in my hair, my family will loudly pass around their plates so that everyone can get a taste. 

This year we went to Habana.  I've been there once before and more than their food, was really taken with their patio area with canvas umbrellas and purple trees and christmas lights.  The food is good but I think the patio is perhaps more interesting.

Not to say that their food isn't solidly good.  Something odd though is that their ropa vieja tasted curiously Korean.

No comments: