Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Clean Out The Fridge Dinner








Today I tried to utilize all the things in our fridge and cooked dinner for mom and doc.  Doc is on atkins, again, and again I am confounded by his resistance to the temptation of wonderfully starchy carby bready foods.  For him, I prepared fish.  I used cod because that is what we had.  Now I know why they use cod to make fish and chips. It has a dry, unpleasing texture.  You'd have to deep fry it in batter to cover up the fishy taste and coarse texture.  But then again, maybe I just prepared my cod badly.  I made a miso honey dill marinade for the cod which helped to mask the flavor but still...

And I know I've been doing this strawberry salad thing a lot but it's strawberry season and I've always liked fruit in non-dessert dishes.  And there's so many things you can add to a strawberry salad.  Today I put feta, shredded chicken, candied walnuts, raisins, arugula, and balsamic honey dressing.  

other things present at the dinner table tonight:
-salmon (pre-marinated, i can't take credit for that.  but it tasted pre-marinated...what ever that means)
-garlic oyster noodles with green beans and fried eggs

No comments: