Friday, June 12, 2009

Home




As my dad grows older, he enjoys being outdoors more and more.  When we see each other he wants to do things like hike or go to the beach, or go on wandering walks.  And more recently he's been very insistent on dining outdoors whenever possible.  He wanted to take me out for a birthday dinner and choosing the restaurant became something of a ridiculous stressor.  I really wanted things to be perfect though and I wanted my dad to have a good time and I wanted everything to be just so.   

I've often passed by Home on Hillhurst and thought the patio looked adorable and, as Saeyoung pointed out, like a treehouse.  So I picked Home, almost entirely for the reason of dining outdoors on their very sweet looking patio.  

I have to say, the food was not so impressive.  I had a chicken sandwich and Saeyoung had a veggie burger and my dad had meatloaf (of course!).  Everything was barely scraping mediocre.  But this is the thing, my dad loved it.  I don't think it really mattered what we were eating because he liked the patio so much and that made me enormously happy.  I like seeing my dad enjoy himself.  
Home
1760 Hillhurst Ave
Los Angeles, Ca 90027
323.669.0211

No comments: