Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some Wonderful Things

I had a gift certificate to Williams & Sonoma.  And yes, I know, Williams & Sonoma is grotesquely overpriced and their marketing ploy is ridiculously transparent but I can't help myself! I love that they sell Valhrona chocolate and I love that you can buy the most impractical adorable cake molds there.  Who needs a mold for petite fours?  So usually I'm just perusing, drooling and leaving.  But yesterday, armed with my gift certificate I spent nearly a hour putting things in my basket, taking things out, negotiating all the merits of micro-zesters and candy thermometers.  Here is what I settled on:
1. white truffle olive oil (!!!!)
2. fig balsamic vinegar
3. sherry vinegar
4. biscuit cutters
5. lime/lemon juicer (very practical [patting myself on the back])
6.  the most adorable tartlet pans 


yay!

No comments: