Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chicken Pesto Pasta and Mango Feta Craisin Salad







the pesto that i clearly dipped into

I think Dr. Murray likes it when I'm in Orange County because I often cook dinner and spare him my mother's Korean food. Not that he doesn't like my mother's Korean food, because she makes amazing Korean food.  But really, how many nights in a row can you have rice and kimchi?  I don't even think it matters what I cook.  I don't even think it has to be good.  For tonight's dinner I wanted to use this great pesto that my mother made the other day with our house basil plant.  Look at the color! Isn't it wonderful?  I really love pesto, I think it's kind of a brilliant sauce/dip/condiment.  So versatile.  

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken thighs
1/2 cup onion, sliced lengthwise
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup peas
3-5 tablespoons of pesto
1 package of pasta of your choice
handful of pine nuts

1. cook the chicken on a lightly greased pan, skin side down first, for about 4-5 minutes
2. flip chicken thighs and cook until cooked through and then set aside
3. in the same pan saute the onions
4. add mushrooms
5. in the meantime cook pasta in salted water
6. dice the chicken thickly
7. to the mushrooms and onions, add the peas and chicken
8. add pasta
9. add pesto (the amount varies on what kind of pesto you are using and how salty you like your pasta)
10. top with pine nuts

No comments: