Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wurstkuche

vegetarian chipotle sausage and belgian fries
jalapeno and mango sausage with caramelized onions and spicy peppers

Nancy told me about this place a few days ago and generally when Nancy recommends something, I tend to agree.  I really liked this place.  The ambiance.  The cucumber soda they had, though I did not order it.  The selection of dipping sauces that came with the belgian fries.  And as always when I try something new, the first thing I thought about was that I couldn't wait to take Saeyoung.  

Wurstkuche serves exclusively sausages and belgian fries.  Nancy and I hypothesized that they make their sausages in-house, though we were inconclusive.  If they did, that would be great.  The sausages range anywhere between the common bratwurst to alligator sausages.  Janice ordered the chicken apple and spices.  Jeff ordered the smoked alligator and pork, which was described as dense (in a positive sense).  I ordered the mango and jalapeno, which went great with the perfectly caramelized onions and spicy peppers.  Nancy ordered the vegetarian chipotle.  Actually, I was pretty impressed with their vegetarian options.    Everything was delicious.  We also ordered the twice fried belgian fries with curry ketchup, chipotle aioli, and buttermilk ranch.  They also had a white truffle oil glaze option, which I plan on getting next time I go there, which I hope is very soon.  

Next time I will have some beer.  Next time I will order two sausages.  Next time I will get the white truffle oil.  Next time I will take Saeyoung.  

Afterwards we walked around the Little Tokyo shopping center and I bought a single mango.  I like my friends, I really do.  

Wurstkuche
800 E 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
213.687.4444
http://www.wurstkucherestaurant.com/

No comments: