Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Squid Ink Pasta, I Conquer You!


The squid ink pasta I made a little while ago was maybe a 5 on my satisfaction scale.  Today I tried it again and...10!  The other day I went to an Argentine market and found canned squid pieces in their own ink which was tremendously exciting. Using just a little bit in the pasta with little tomato paste made all the difference.  I'm so happpeeeeee!

Ingredients:

handful of squid ink pasta
2 crushed garlic cloves
chopped italian parsley
half a tin of squid pieces in squid ink pasta (Goya brand)
1 Tbsp double concentration tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
shaved parmesan 

1. cook pasta in salted water
2. drain
3. saute crushed garlic in olive oil
4. add pasta and tablespoon of olive oil
5. add squid pieces and half the ink in the tin
6. add tomato paste
7. salt and pepper to taste
8. top with parmesan and parsley


No comments: