Monday, April 13, 2009

Cheese Log

some recent purchases:
The other day I went into Jordan Market with Grace and bought some fig paste, thinking it would something like fig jam.  When I opened it I figured out that it was mixed with sesame seeds and was very mildly sweet--not very jammish.  But, perfect for a great cheese.  So today I went to the Cheesestore of Silverlake and bought an aged firm goat cheese called Midnight Moon that was very mild and slightly nutty.  Really delicious.  The lady working at the counter let me sample some and that was that.  I also bought some Branches sage honey.  I cannot emphasize how much I love honey.  Honey with cheese. Honey with Greek yogurt.  Honey on toast.  Honey with peanut butter.  Honey with apples.  Honey with goat cheese on baguette.  Really, honey, on anything.  And as it turns out, good honey makes a big difference.  Because I am clearly much too preoccupied with food, I once did a taste test of generic bear shaped bottle honey and a raw honey of better quality, and hands down the generic one was more bland.  The Branches sage honey was good, but I can't say that I really tasted the sage.  They also had a half off cinnamon raisin spread at the Cheesestore, so I went ahead and bought it.  I've yet to try it.  

The Cheesestore of Silverlake 
3926 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles
CA 90029

No comments: