Monday, April 27, 2009

Kyochon Chicken


chicken salad
chicken sandwich
gracie, as chicken model
kyochon chicken (half spicy/half garlic)

I think the whole Korean fried chicken thing started happening maybe 10 years ago.  I was in Seoul for the Summer and all of a sudden there were these fried chicken places everywhere, all made in the same style: fried and then coated in a spicy red pepper sauce (because red pepper sauce is in everything in korea) and served with pickled radishes.  I think kyochon was the first in an endless parade of korean chicken franchises.  In any case, now kyochon is in Los Angeles, and other parts of southern California.  

Despite having gorged ourselves on pasta at 2 am the night before, grace and I completed the weekend of fattiness with fried chicken.  I attempted to be healthy with the chicken salad but quickly realized that to get anything besides the fried chicken at kyochon is kind of pointless.  Okay, lesson learned.

Kyochon Chicken
3833 W 6th st
Los Angeles, CA
(213) 739-9292

1 comment:

Sae said...

yes please. I want this. haha Give it to me now.

I don't think I'd like beets. sorry.