Saturday, April 11, 2009

...Speaking of Better Brunches!? AQUITAINE

What a treasure!! After a night of moderately heavy drinking, I went out to brunch in the South End of Boston. It's a fantastic red-bricked area that has a cozy ambiance with its cobbled streets, many restaurants, and classic Boston residential architecture. One of the best features of the South End is that it's tucked away behind the touristy Back Bay area. It's not as accessible by Boston public transport, affectionately referred to as the T. You would have to get off at Copley, the center of the popular Newbury & Boylston street, then walk about or 4 blocks to get to the South End. 

Okay that was a serious tangent. 

Aquitaine is a French inspired restaurant/bar that features a reasonably-priced weekend brunch. I'd heard about it before and have been dying to try it. Three friends and I made it down there today despite the thunderous rain and wind. (yes...this is just one day after the beautiful day I raved about in the previous post) I ordered a brioche french toast with fruit and whipped cream. It also was topped with some delicious bacon. My friends ordered a eggs benedict provencal, fruit, cinnamon rolls, and an omelette de maison that was stu
ffed with goodies. 

I would highly suggest the $9.95 Pre fixe brunch menu that comes with orange juice or coffee, a cinnamon roll, and a
choice between three different types of omelets. The eggs benedict were especially good! The hollandaise sauce didn't have that heavy taste and the eggs were poached to perfection. The eggs benedict 
provencal came with tomatoes, avocados, breakfast potatoes, and 
some onions. Oh man, I could've eaten a million of those breakfast potatoes! They were perfectly seasoned. 

Another big feature of the breakfast is all the fun breakfast cocktails. I'm under 21, but it looked like almost every table had a different breakfast booze. Not to mention, I
 had a GREAT cup of coffee. I'm not sure if it reall
y was that delicious, or if I was just that happy to be having a cup of coffee after drinking. 

It's got an adorable atmosphere with diner booth semi-circle seats, dark woods, and mirrors all over like a french cafe. All in all, I can't believe it
 was so cheap. For four, the bills came out to about $40. It gets crowded, so definitely make reservations. 

1 comment:

saehee said...

why does your french toast look so disheveled? you couldn't wait, even to take a picture, could you