Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Beautiful Day in Boston calls for The Otherside Cafe




On the rare occasion of a beautiful day in Boston, a good friend and I played hooky to explore the city instead of feverishly taking notes on aggregate supply and demand. The weather had reached an unprecedented 60 some degrees & the sun was shining, so we decided to get brunch at The Otherside Cafe. 

It's a popular joint for the Boston vegetarians and vegans for breakfast or lunch. Tattoo sleeves are part of the employee dress code. 

While sitting out on the patio, I enjoyed a brie cheese, apple, pear, honey mustard sandwich. It was delicious, but I would've appreciated a better slice of french bread. It tasted a bit store bought generic. My friend ordered an omelette with tomatoes, bacon, feta, onions, etc. Her banana orange pineapple smoothie was pretty mediocre. 

I've tasted better brunch, but it's definitely worth going back for a laid back light meal on a sunny day. Plus -- it's dangerously close to the Ralph Lauren Rugby store where I subsequently did much damage. 


1 comment:

saehee said...

...anything with brie