Monday, May 25, 2009

Fred's 62

california omelet


santa fe frittata
a lox plate?

Today Nancy biked a marathon and with the best of intentions I tried to make it out to see her come through the finish line, but as it turns out Nancy is a much faster biker than predicted and she finished before I got there.  Disappointing for me.  Wonderful for Nancy.  
Despite having missed that grand finale, we went to Fred's 62 for brunch.  I've decided that brunch is the most social meal--it's casual and easy and somehow gives me permission to eat like I've been starved for a week.  It was a really great morning.  Much to celebrate--Nancy's marathon and also Janice announced that she'll be teaching at Calarts next year.  Despite having had very little sleep, I was really happy and feeling very comfortable.  
This feeling of comfort could also be a symptom of over eating, perhaps, because I did indeed overeat.  

Fred's 62
1850 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 667-0062

No comments: