Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chateau Brodard

It's rare that I have a great culinary experience without my sister, and it truly wasn't complete without her. Nevertheless, my parents and I went to Chateau Brodard, a french-vietnamese restaurant) in Fullerton last weekend. The glitzy club ambience was a bit over the top, but the food really was worth it! 
  appetizers: Why is it that so often, the appetizers are the best part of the meal! These may look like ordinary guilt-free spring rolls, but far from it. Deep fried wonton wrappers were folded inside. It was the ultimate cross between egg rolls and spring rolls. I'm not usually a big fan of peanut sauce, but I'll make an exception just this once! 

Next, we had a green papaya & mango salad. It was rather sweet, but still delicious. I really enjoyed the accompanying rice cakes. 

The entrees were less impressive. We ordered a filet mignon to taste the so-called "French" aspect. Let's just say, the french would be pretty upset. The dish pictured above was the best entree we ordered. It was kind of like Korean BBQ bulgogi. The meat was incredibly tender and soft, I almost found it suspicious! We ordered another entree that was just like Tina's Rice, a family staple recipe that I'm sure has been blogged before. 


 To bookend the so-so entrees, the desserts ended the evening on a high note. We had jackfruit fritters and a banana crepe. Both desserts absolute required vanilla bean ice cream to help it go down. The crepe wasn't quite the right texture. It was crispy instead of like a flapjack. 

We're considering going to Chateau Brodard for Saehee's birthday. I'm not sure if it will good enough for her, but then again, nothing is ever good enough for MY sister. 


1 comment:

saehee said...

ohmigod you called me 'saehee'. i don't know what that means coming from you