Friday, September 4, 2009

Zaftigs : chos eat boston part 5




Breakfast is a meal I frequently skip but for the convenience of time Saeyoung and I were super into breakfast/brunch meals during this trip. For my last meal in Boston we went to Zaftigs in Brookline. We've actually eaten here before, but that was for dinner. We were somewhat unimpressed by the dinner but apparently what Zaftigs is really known for is their breakfast so we gave it another chance.

And you know what? It was good, it was really good. Lots of options and we left glowing of roundness. Saeyoung ordered the banana walnut pancakes with date butter. Ohmigod, date butter. I think I will try and make date butter. I can't be that hard. I had the lox and red onion scramble with marbled rye. Nothing fancy, very satisfying. A funny thing: my dish was advertised as coming with fresh seasonal fruit, which apparently means a very sad slice of watermelon and single graying strawberry. haha. saeyoung warned me about the lack of good fruit in New England.

Zaftigs
335 Harvard st
Brookline, MA
617.975.0775

No comments: