Friday, September 4, 2009

Tatte : chos eat boston finale



hazelnut rose

fig almond biscotti and two animal cookies
the best brioche i have ever had


Recently Sergio Hernandez asked me if I ever get excited, like physically-gesturing-12- exclamation-points excited. I thought about this carefully. I thought about it for a day afterwards actually. I can't recall a time...
I asked Saeyoung, and she also couldn't recall a time, she says I'm much more likely to verbalize in a semi-intonated voice the I'm excited with statements like, "that's exciting."

Well, I found myself pretty enthralled the other day when Saeyoung and I came upon Tatte Bakery right outside of Saeyoung new apartment on Audubon Circle. Look, this is my enthralled face:

It was such a fortuitous find. We passed by it while heading towards the T and I thought the signage was cute so we decided we should stop by.


Tatte specializes in everything that I love: French style tarts, buttery breads, figs, gallons of nuts of every kind, beautiful combinations like sesame and honey. Oh, and the brioches! Buttery and almost velvet in texture.

So so good. I feel like Tatte is The Sprout and The Bean's Boston counterpart.

Tatte
1003 Beacon St
Brookline, MA 02246
617.232.2200

No comments: