Thursday, September 3, 2009

Taking The Necessary Knocks



Baking comes with its hazards. I'm okay with that. An oven burn here. A bruise there. Swollen fingertips. The worst though is that the constant washing of my hands is giving me old lady hands! If you know me, you already know that I can be obsessive about washing my hands and when I'm cooking it feels like my hands are constantly under a stream of water. I should be more diligent about lotion. My hands feel very raw. My sister and mother recommended that I slather on the thickest hand cream I could find and then put on sleeping with gloves on to lock in the moisture. Well I didn't have gloves and the closest thing I could think of was a sock (pictured above). I'm pretty sure this was ridiculous, me and my sock mitts. I couldn't keep them on for too long, they came off unknowingly in my sleep. Pathetic.

No comments: