Friday, September 26, 2008

Linguini With White Wine Clam Sauce



I had some leftover pinot grigio and as I am deeply in love with starches, the obvious answer was linguini with white wine clam sauce!  I ate more than I should have.  I feel like a beached whale.

Recipe for those who are interested:

linguini
mushrooms
5 roasted garlic cloves (in a oven with olive oil and kosher salt at 400 degrees for 45 minutes)
white wine
clams
clam juice
parsley
cherry tomatoes (optional-more of a garnish)
olive oil
butter

Boil linguini in salted water and drain.
Cook mushrooms, roasted garlic, and olive oil until browned.  
Add pinot grigio and let simmer for 5 minutes
Add clam juice
Add cooked pasta.
Add butter.
Plate and add parsley and tomatoes.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my god, you weren't kidding when you said you've been busy. My Turn!

Sae said...

Sorry - that previous comment was me. I was signed into someone elses acct by accident!