Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chae Bahn






So I usually don't eat a great deal of Korean food though I generally don't regret it once it's been eaten.  Whenever I go home my mom insists on Korean food, as she gets older she tends towards eating Asian food exclusively.  

Chae Bahn is a new Korean restaurant in a new strip mall that seems to be dedicated to Korean businesses in Irvine.  Chae Bahn has a short menu that focuses on stone pot bibimbab-a mixture of rice, vegetable, red pepper sauce, and meat (optional).  We ordered sul lung tang (beef bone marrow stew), squid bibimbab, and the vegetable bibimbab.  We wanted to order the mixed fish roe bibimbab but they were out that day.  Everything was pretty good.  Chae Bahn is a new business so they were quickly running out of ingredients and were trying to work out the kinks but the food was satisfying, the kimchee had the right amount of fermentation and the bone marrow stew made me think of my sister.  
Because she's a cow!!!

Hahaha
  Just Kidding!  Oh god, saeyoung, you know I'm kidding.  

2750 Alton Parkway
Suite 101 B
Irvine, CA 92606

No comments: