Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Indochine Vien


Okay.  I'm very excited to write my first scathing review.  Thomas and I were craving a light dinner and so we opted for Vietnamese.  We had to pick a place with vegetarian options for Thomas' sake and so we came across Indochine in Atwater Village after doing a little internet research.  

First of all, the service was pretty awful-and I'm really not one to be picky about service.  We ordered the spring rolls as an appetizer, and while Thomas thought they were great I thought the hoisin/peanut sauce ratio was a little heavy on the hoisin side.  Thomas ordered the vegetarian pho and I ordered the vegetarian bun.  The vegetarian version of bun substituted the usual fish sauce for a soy vinegar sauce, which was kind of welcome because too much fish sauce gives me a headache.  Thomas' pho was nothing extraordinary.  Both our dishes were $8.  Truthfully, I've had much better Vietnamese for cheaper and with better service, most notably in Westminster.  Indochine felt like a glossed up Americanized/hipsterized version of Vietnamese.  Let's face it, Vietnamese food is best at a restaurant that requires you to wipe down your chopsticks with a napkin before use. 

Was that scathing? Did I do a good job?

3110 Glendale Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039

No comments: