Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Griddle Cafe


Having a 1,200 calorie day-starter meal seems unholy but let's just assume we'll burn it off as the day goes by.  The Griddle Cafe specializes in pancakes mostly, their list extending from the basic buttermilk and then adding to that formula with things like crushed oreos and frosted flakes.  I ordered the Tis The Season pancakes which was their buttermilk batter mixed with pumpkin pie filling.  I had been talking to Janice and Nancy about pumpkin pie the week previous, so this seemed like a good idea.  I ordered the short stack but still couldn't finish half of one pancake.  The short stack comes with two pancakes approximately the size of a newborn infant.  I didn't even add syrup because the pancakes were sweet enough on their own.  Probably a bit too sweet for me.  On the plus side, the pancakes were very fluffy and hold up well to next-day microwaving.  Thomas ordered the french toast, which he claimed to be, "the best french toast I've ever had".  Okay. Probably the best part of the meal was their side order of griddled potatoes.  The side portion was spilling off the side of the plate and there was an excellent layer of burnt potato-stuff on the top.  The whole meal was pretty affordable and I'll probably go again, though I'm not exactly planning my next trip-I have to come down from my sugar high first.  But, I suppose it's telling that right after that meal, Thomas and I went directly to Kiss My Bundt.  

also, I apologize for the quality of my photos.  I keep forgetting my camera and so I've been using my phone camera

7916 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90046

No comments: