Thursday, January 15, 2009

Joan's On Third

grilled veggie sandwich


prosciutto de parma sandwich

I'm a sucker for specialty food items.  Time and time again, I shock myself with how much I am willing to pay for things like Amish peanut butter, truffle salt, and Portuguese sardines.  I will push the limits of the due date on my electricity bill but my kitchen will be consistently stocked with truffle cheese and aged balsamic.  It's not a good habit.  
So places like Joan's On Third are not good for me.  But most likely I will go back, probably for their sandwiches.  
I love the idea of a small speciality market/deli.  Sandwiches are one of the greatest underrated foods, I've decided.  Very little can go wrong in a sandwich.  The bakery at Joan's On Third looked extraordinary as well, though I was too full to even approach it.

Joan's On Third
8350 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
http://www.joansonthird.com


No comments: