Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cantina Mayahuel

yucatan seafood stew
vegetarian alegria bowl

guac, salsa, serranos, and chips

This weekend I went down to San Diego to see my friends Felipe and Christina who have recently moved into their first apartment together.  It's been ages since I've been to Cantina Mayahuel and going back makes me nostalgic for the days of Wilson Ave (hi prayer, nancy, albert, joseph).  Unfortunately their chicken mole (possibly the best mole I've ever had) was not available that day but I ordered the Saturday special-Yucatan seafood stew.  The stew was made up mostly of shrimp and scallops over rice and beans in a light broth.  When I think of stew, I think of something thick and chunky but this was quite light.  I like.  Still, I think I would have preferred the mole.  

Cantina Mayahuel
2934 Adams Ave
San Diego, CA 92116
(619) 283-6292
http://www.cantinamayahuel.com

1 comment:

prayer.t said...

pssshhhhhhh
now that's why i miss america