Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Viet Noodle Cafe




This is pretty much Vietnamese food for hipsters.  The plus side of that is that there are plenty of vegetarian options, as in the spring rolls displayed above.  These are probably one of the best vegetarian spring rolls I've had, primarily because the were stuffed with jicama.  The downside is that the food cost more than I usually like to pay for Vietnamese-I think this may have to do with the organic ingredients they use, so maybe they've justified it. 

Their banh mi sandwiched are pretty great.  I've had the chicken and the white fish (cooked with tumeric and dill).  The tofu shitake banh mi was a little too sauced up with hoisin.  

Also, the Vietnamese iced coffee is excellent, on the creamy side perhaps. 

Viet Noodle Bar
3133 Glendale Ave
Los Angeles 90036

1 comment:

Sae said...

The chicken and white fish cooked in Tumeric and Dill sounds absolutely amazing. I'm thinking that will have to be our late-night snack for when I arrive. God that sounds good.