Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ondal 2


I guess it could be considered unusual that i don't feel a special connection to korean food.  but then i think, "hey, why should i?  there's no rule that says i have to be genetically pre-disposed to love korean food."  so, yeah...my attitude about korean food is: I'll enjoy what's put in front of me but I'll rarely crave it.  
That being said, I might crave Ondal from time to time.  Ondal specializes in a communal crabstew.  Once the crab has been eaten, they use the broth to cook sujaebi (thick, hand stretched noodles) and then to make fried rice.  If you ask me, it's a pretty great way to use and re-use the same broth.  
And also, we had to wear aprons.  

Ondal 2
4566 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
(323)933-3228

1 comment:

Sae said...

I love the photo. Nancy in an apron is really jarring for some reason. She doesn't strike me as the Betty Crocker type.