Saturday, November 22, 2008

Snappy Sushi & Tea Luxe


It was my good friend Roxana's birthday. I had mentioned a sushi place that wraps all their sushi with brown rice as opposed to the white sushi rice usually seen. Despite it's healthy look, it's quite tasty. So we thought it would be a perfect way to celebrate her birthday. I was looking for something a little more filling than typical sushi, so I ordered the Salmon Don. It was raw slices of salmon atop a heaping serving of brown price. Of course, I covered it in Ponzu sauce. I also ordered spicy tuna roll (a classic). My roommate ordered the "Gone Wild Tuna Roll." It had different types of tuna within the roll and had torched white tuna covered in a miso sauce on top. Another friend got the beef don. I think the star of the night was Roxana's choice - a portobello mushroom roll. It included portobello mushrooms and eggplant wrapped in veggie paper and drizzled with pesto. It definitely wasn't your average sushi, but very tasty! 

After, we jumped over to Tea Luxe, a tea cafe chain in Boston. I shared a charming personal pot of hot cocoa. The hot cocoa was served in a cute pot with whipped cream and bits of dark chocolate prepared in 
cups. I think getting to pour my hot cocoa was my favorite part. AGAIN, Roxana's choice stole the show! She got a Chaider, obviously, a combination of apple cider and chai. The combination was magical! It had that spiced smell of Chai, cinnamon, and the sweet home-y scent of apple cider. It truly was the holidays in a pot. I stuck my nose in the tea sifter because, it made me feel like I could smell Santa Clause. It was very good. We shared two Vegan cookies across the table: chocolate chip and ginger molasses. The ginger molasses had an especially chewy texture and was covered with sugar.
 mmmm!! 

No comments: